Well let's just say that the last week has been eventful (I am now a mouth breather due to the terrible stench emminating from my son's oral cavity). I am half-crazy due to sleep deprivation and my poor son is still on the mend. I figured I would recount all the excitement over the last week for beautiful memories.
Day 1
Surgery day, almost balled my eyes out when they put him under. Sebastian didn't even cry when they gave him the IV. I sat in the hospital waiting for him to finish. He has Dino with him so I know he's taken care of. The annoying buzzer went off indicating that he is done so I rush back to the day ward to see my poor baby. HE IS NOT THERE. They decided to keep him overnight for observation so I rushed upstairs like a maniac. I find my little groggy little man sleeping and again with the tears. (What a suck I am). He looks fine and the rest of the day is spent sitting diligently by his bedside holding his hand every time he wakes up. He finally comes around at supper time and downs two popsicles, 2 yogourts, pudding, and a whole lot of J-E-L-L-O. He falls in love with the sailboat outside his room and we end up fighting some OCD 6 year old for turns at the helm. I also learn that nurses don't like joking about your kids excessive bruising and calling social services... I though it was funny. Daddy finally shows up and I go home to sleep. What a long day.
Day 2
Apparently Seb didn't sleep to well, he is still feeling ok though. I think WOW, this isn't so bad. I come home from work at lunch to check on him, he is sleeping and Daddy is a BEAR. He didn't sleep to well either. I run back to work to escape the moody husband. We have Seb on a regimen of Tylenol for he pain and he is drinking eating yogurt. He isn't talking all that much and is still pretty groggy from the anesthetic. He is up several times through the night. He is complaining about being sick and asking for medicine. I gently coddle my little guy and rock him to sleep 4 times that night.
Day 3
Well I'm am a bit tired today. He is really sore now, and has reverted to grunts and whines to avoid talking. He isn't really eating anything and we are trying to force fluids into him. He is also getting some pretty smelly breath. Daddy took him to Toys-R-Us to distract him from his misery. Doesn't help much... He is now a miserable, cranky and cantankerous Dragon Slayer. Our saving grace is that his naps are long.
Day 4
We headed out to the lake today. I have to drive with the windows down because whatever crawled into Sebastian's mouth and died is really rotting today. He is starting to talk today, still a bit lethargic and miserable but things are looking up.... This will be the last coherent post as I develop some serious sleep deprivation at this point. Seb was up all night, crying and yelling about his owie and how he is sick and needs medicine. He won't drink water, he won't stop crying and I am in tears because there is nothing I can do for the little tyke.
Day 5
We are now ramping up the pain meds. Motrin and Tylenol. He is again ok during the day. He woke up from his nap today feeling alright. Wupee!! Are we through the rough part? His breath is rancid.... but he did eat a peanut butter sandwich today. He doesn't want to go home from the lake but I don't know if Justin and I can handle another sleepless night.
Day 6
He was only up a couple times last night. Yawn. And at least he wasn't carrying on about how sick he is and how he needs medicine. He just took his Motrin and went back to bed.
Day 7
Justin almost lost it on him. Seb is now crying out that " I dying. I dying" He is up again all night. Thank god it's my birthday and Justin is guilted into taking the night shift :) I have to rescue Seb from the rath of Dad though at about 3:00 am because I think he is going to lose it. When will this end.
Day 8
Now I almost lost it on him last night. Seb is still self proclaiming his death, he is officially addicted to pain meds and his parents have gone squirelly. He was up all night again. It's no longer my birthday so I had to get up. He won't drink, even though that makes it feel better, he won't stop crying and whining. I can't even console him with promises of movies and fun times tomorrow. Grrr. Daddy came in and did the rescue cuddle, saving my sanity. I don't think you realize how big of a sacrifice that is unless you get within breathing range of Seb. He is still rotting from the inside out.
And On...
We did start seeing improvements over the next week and finally had a chance to sleep. All I can say little buddy is that I won't be doing that again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment